Thursday, September 16, 2010

Lowered Expectations

I think that was the title of a MadTV Skit, "Lowered Expectations". It was a mock "Dating" infomercial that brought together really undesirable people. It was hilarious, and has become an inside joke with the husband when we talked about disappointments.


That's how I feel this blog is starting out. I've had several people tell me to write a blog about all the insane things that have happened to me, especially since having kids. And yes, I admit, the stories are pretty amazing, colorful, and entertaining. But I'm having a hard time living up to the expectation.

I know I've got great material. These kids are hilarious, and Motherhood has been unusually humorous. But I've got so much to work with, that I don't know where to start. I was going to work backward, but that might get confusing. And I'd start from where we are now, but then I'd be missing out on the past 4 years.

So, I think I will post as I remember. The stories will be out of order, dates will get mixed up, and I'm sure I'll name the wrong child as I write about them. But that's true to life. My life is not organized. My mind is out of order, my purse is all mixed up, and I'm lucky if I can remember my OWN name.

So, please... lower your expectations of this blog. I'm not a comedienne. Not every post will make you laugh. I'm sure every post will make me cry. And please only visit after you've exhausted all your other "time-wasting" activities.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog will be great BECAUSE it will be out of order, and thats how all us mommy's relate to each other! We are all a little unorganized and it is because of our kids! Thats usually where all the humor comes from:):)

    ReplyDelete